In the first phase of the national competition there are several special contingents, in addition to the general contingent, to which certain percentages of vacancies are allocated, intended for candidates who fulfill the conditions of each contingent. Thus, in the first phase there are the following contingents:
- Applicants from the Autonomous Region of the Azores;
- Applicants from the Autonomous Region of Madeira;
- Applicants who are Portuguese emigrants and family members residing with them;
- Military applicant under Contract Regime;
- Applicants with physical or sensory disabilities
You can check the applicable procedures for each of the Special Contingents on the website of the Directorate-General for Higher Education.
In the second and third phases, there is only one contingent.