The University has four campuses:
- The Penha Campus
- The Gambelas Campus
- The Saúde Campus
- The Portimão Campus
The Penha Campus is situated in the centre of the city of Faro. There are three Schools:
- School of Education and Communication;
- School of Management, Hotel and Tourism;
- Institute of Engineering.
The Gambelas Campus is situated 6 km from Faro and 2 km from Faro International Airport. There are three Faculties on this campus:
- Faculty of Economics;
- Faculty of Human and Social Sciences;
- Faculty of Sciences and Technology;
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and Medicine.
The Saúde Campus is situated at the entrance of city of Faro. New facilities were built for the Faro School of Nursing, incorporated into the University of Algarve in June 2003, now called the Faro School of Health (Escola Superior de Saúde - ESS) in order to adopt the new health science degree courses.
The Portimão Campus, located in the city of Portimão, is situated near the train station square. Portimão is the second largest city in Algarve and the campus developed out of the need for decentralisation.