The Portimão Library's collection comprizes mainly the support bibliography to the courses taught in Portimão.
It is composed by:
- Aboute 6500 thousand monographs, classified and arranged on the shelves according to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC)
- 32 Periodical publications
- 816 Audiovisual documents (video cassettes, audio, audio CD, CD-ROM, DVD)
- Several statistical publications
- Master's and PhD theses from the University of Algarve and other universities
- Two-stage theses (Bietápicas) and traineeship reports
he existing documentary fund mainly civers the following thematic areas:
Art, Accounting, Law, Economics, Education, Statistics, Management, History, Computer Science, Languages, Marketing, Matemathics, Human Resources, Public Relations, Sociology and Tourism.
The Library also has a research computer with access to the UAlg's Library Catalogue, as well as full text documents and online and reference databases.