Candidates Over 23 Years Old
Process of evaluation of the capacity to attend Higher Education
Academic Year 2022/2023
Specific Admission Exam: Physical Training*
Prerequisite: Group B - Interpersonal communication (see information below)*
* Prerequisite: Group B - Interpersonal communication (Absence of psychic, sensorial or motor deficiency that interferes seriously with the functional capacity and the interpersonal communication capacity to the point of impeding the self or others learning). Form of proof: Medical certificate stating that meets the prerequisite, to be delivered at the time of enrolment and registration in higher education, at the Higher Education Institution that requires it, in case of being placed there, being an indispensable condition for the completion of the enrolment and registration.
The competitive application process for applicants aged 23 and over is aimed at all those who wish to build their personal project and enhance their future. Academic qualifications are not required, but you must have turned 23 by December of the year preceding your application.
Academic Year 2023/2024
You do not need any academic qualifications to apply for the Special Application Process for Access to Higher Education for applicants aged 23 and over. Applicants, who must have turned 23 years old by December of the year preceding their application, need only sign up to take an entrance exam, which will assess their aptitude for Higher Education.
Note : This process is not open to international applicants (i.e. applicants who have not resided legally in Portugal for more than 2 years).
|Dissemination of the process to potential applicants||from December 2022|
|Approval of new preparatory courses||until 20-01-2023|
|Publication of exam information and previous year’s tests||09-01-2023|
|Registration for the tests||04-01 to 14-04-2023|
|Registration for the tests (late applications)||17 to 28-04-2023|
|Appointment of invigilators||10-05-2023|
|Publication of the results of the preparatory course assessments||15-05-2023|
|Application for exemption from taking the test||16 to 19-05-2023|
|Publication of the test venues||23-05-2023|
|Publication of test results||13-06-2023|
|Test consultation and review||13 to 15-06-2023|
|Publication of interview date / time / place||16-06-2023|
|Curriculum evaluation and interview||20-06 to 03-07-2023|
|Publication of the final results||10-07-2023|
Registration for the Test
Online form available soon
Check what the specific component of the entrance exam is for undergraduate degree courses and consult the tests from the previous year.
The present list of courses may change due to the opening of places and courses that may be proposed and authorised by the Ministry of Science, Technology and Higher Education.
* Prerequisite B
You can also choose to enroll for the entrance exams for Higher Professional Technical Courses (CTeSP).
|Course||Previous year's race 2020/2021||Exam information 2020/2022|
|Accounting (Faro and Portimão)||Economics||Economics|
|Automotive Technology and Maintenance||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry or Practical Mechanics Test||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry|
|Building Construction||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry|
|Digital Drawing and Modeling||Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry||Mathematics or Descriptive Geometry|
|Electrical Installations, Domotics and Automation||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Electrotechnical Practice Test||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics|
|Executive Secretarial Studies||English||English|
|Information Systems and Technologies||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics or Practical Computer Test||Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics|
|Food Safety and Hygiene||Biology or Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics||Biology or Physics and Chemistry or Mathematics|
|Tourism Entertainment Management (Portimão)||English or Economics||English or Economics|
|Programming of Internet Devices||Mathematics or Practical Electrotechnical Test or Practical Computer Test||Mathematics|
Check the regulations for the Higher Professional Technical Courses at the University of Algarve here
Registration for the tests is done online on the Application Portal (before applying, read the instruction manual available in the document box) and requires the payment of fees.
- Curriculum vitae presented, preferably, according to the Europass model, available at https://europa.eu/europass/en
- A declaration, under honour, that you do not have a qualification that would entitle you to access higher education
- Documents proving the facts stated in your curriculum vitae (diplomas, certificates of qualifications, statements proving professional experience, reports and other relevant elements)
- Simple photocopy of the identification document or equivalent document
After the application has been validated by the relevant Services, no further documents may be submitted.
The aptitude test for taking a higher education course at the University of Algarve must include:
- A test, which includes a specific component
- Appreciation of the applicant’s educational and professional curriculum
- An interview that aims to assess the applicant's motivations
Learning success depends largely on how we organise our study
These tips can help you improve your academic performance, whether you are planning to take the test for those over 23, or simply want to be successful in your chosen course.
1. Organise and systematise the information you collect
- Make essential data sheets and sort them by themes subjects, authors, etc.
- Make lists of terms used in the discipline and look for a definition for them, so that you understand what is being talked about
- Try to summarise what you read using your own words
- Avoid limiting yourself to underlining study texts
- Make notes in the margin of the texts and then copy them on to your worksheets
- Take note of anything you are unsure of
2. Diversify your sources
Don't be dependent on a single book or website. It is good to have access to several perspectives, which complement each other and which together offer a more complete picture of what you are studying.
3. Be cautious with the internet
Not everything you read on the internet is scientifically reliable. Make sure that the site belongs to a reputable institution and offers guarantees of quality of the information provided.
4. Nurture doubt and curiosity
5. Enjoy silence: it helps you concentrate
6. Write about what you are studying
Writing requires us to organise ideas and make them clear. Additionally, it helps us to choose the most appropriate words, to know our limitations and to overcome them. And it is also a great exercise that will help you prepare for the tests for the over-23s.
7. Consult dictionaries and grammar books
Mastering the meaning of words and the organisation of a text is an essential skill for academic success.
8. Prepare for interviews
Before your interview, reflect on your professional experience, on your motivations, on the area of study in which you intend to invest your future and note down all these ideas. Find out a little more about the course and make sure you are on the right track. Review all this information before starting the interview.
9. Organise your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
There are various models of CV that you could use. The mandatory model under our regulations is the Europass one. Remind yourself of one very important thing: make sure you bring all your documents available that prove your qualifications, the training carried out, the courses you have attended, that is, the documentation that allows you to prove what you said on your CV.
10. Get ready for the test
If possible, attend one of our preparatory or ad-hoc courses in order to acquire and consolidate knowledge, in direct contact with those who are qualified to prepare you: our teaching staff.
See how you can apply for special application processes after taking the entrance exam for applicants aged 23 and over
School of Education and Communication
Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: + 351 289 800 126/127