New Coronavirus (COVID-19) recommendations
The Portuguese Directorate-General for Health informs that to date, and following the guidelines of the World Health Organization (WHO), there are no restrictions on the stay in our country of citizens returning from China, or other affected areas. Further information is available on the DGS website www.dgs.pt
For those welcoming individuals from China and other affected areas, the Directorate-General for Health recalls that, to date, a “screening” is carried out at the departure of the airport of origin. These measures aim to ensure the safety of the citizens and the tranquility of the whole community.
We recommend you to comply with the following hygiene and respiratory etiquette measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, rubbing them well for at least 20 seconds;
- Reinforce hand washing before and after food preparation, after using the bathroom and whenever your hands feel dirty;
- You can also alternatively use an alcohol-based solution for hand hygiene;
- Use tissue paper (single use) to blow your nose;
- Throw used tissues in a waste bin and then wash your hands;
- Cough or sneeze into your arm with your elbow flexed, not your hands;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands are dirty or contaminated with respiratory secretions.
People returning from China or an affected area should be aware of fever, cough and possible breathing difficulties. If these symptoms appear, you should not go to the health services, but call the SNS24 Helpline - 808 24 24 24, and follow the instructions given. As a rule, isolation of people without symptoms is not recommended.
The evolution of the situation can be followed at www.dgs.pt
View document of DGS here. (Portuguese version)