The Academy stands out internationally in several rankings
The University of Algarve participates in several rankings because it considers that they can be an important assessment tool, helping to assess the quality of teaching and research and to understand how UAlg is positioned in relation to other Higher Education Institutions at national and world level .
The results obtained are important for its process of development and continuous quality improvement, and are also relevant for potential candidates, national or international, who wish to continue their studies in higher education, or undertake a period of studies in international mobility.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings has been recognized since 1994 as one of the most relevant sources in publishing university rankings. The evaluation of higher education institutions is based on the following criteria and respective weightings:
- Teaching: learning environment, namely, through the number of workers, the teaching staff, including the number of doctoral professors, in relation to the number of students (30%);
- Research: developed research and productivity, namely, the revenue obtained for projects and the number of reference publications (30%);
- Citations: impact of publications, measured by the number of citations of publications (30%);
- Internationalization: degree of internationalization, measured by the number of foreign workers and students and the number of publications with international collaborators (7.5%);
- Impact on industry: analyzes the university's ability to support industry and innovation, patents and consultancy (2.5%).
U-Multirank emerged in 2014, is funded by the European Commission and led by CHE - Center for Higher Education, with the support of the Erasmus + program.
It is distinguished from other rankings by its multidimensional approach. In preparing this ranking, in addition to research, performance in the teaching / learning, knowledge transfer, internationalization and regional involvement dimensions is evaluated.