Sanitary Engineering Laboratory
The Sanitary Engineering Laboratory (LES) is part of the Department of Civil Engineering (DEC) of the Instituto Superior de Engenharia (ISE) of the University of Algarve.
LES was created in 1999 and was the first water testing laboratory in the Algarve ACCREDITED by the then Portuguese Quality Institute (IPQ).
The initial LES team consisted of five ISE professors, including the ISE Director and the DEC Director. Currently, in addition to six ISE teachers, three senior technicians and two auxiliaries are also part of the LES team.
All revenues generated are invested in LES to increase its technical and scientific skills, in order to permanently update the capacity to respond to the needs of the region.
It operates in the area of providing services to the community and scientific research applied to the needs of the region, namely:
- Environmental Monitoring of Landfills and Dumps;
- Surface Water Monitoring;
- Monitoring of Water Quality in Municipal Swimming Pools and Water Parks;
- Monitoring of Water Quality for Washing and Packing Fish;
- Monitoring of Water for Human Consumption in Several Companies in the Food Sector such as Canning Companies, Companies Producing Beverages and Slaughterhouses;
- Verification of the Quality of Mixing Waters for Concrete, in accordance with the Specification of LNEC E 372-1993;
- Control of Gross Effluents and Treaties of Various Companies in the Tourism and Food Sector and WWTPs in the Region;
- Monitoring the Quality of Groundwater in the Algarve;
- Monitoring and Environmental Control of Golf Courses.
- Establishes individualized contracts according to customer needs
- Harvesting by LES specialized technicians
- Compliance with agreed deadlines;
- Issuance of Results Bulletins adapted to the legislation in force (Decree-Laws 236/98, 243/01 and others)
- Customer support after delivery of results