International Relations, Alumni & Career Offices – Boosting career opportunities through Erasmus+ traineeships
The Consortium Erasmus Al Sud is pleased to announce the 4th Staff Training Week between 29th of May to 2nd of June 2017 and looks forward to your participation!
The staff training week is taking place at the University of Algarve – Campus de Gambelas, and during the programme participants will have the possibility to attend seminars and training sessions, in and outdoor, to networking and getting involved in the “Algarve’s” atmosphere, visit the city of Faro, Sagres and get to know one of the 7 natural wonders of Portugal – the Ria Formosa.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
The Erasmus Al Sud Staff Training Week is open to all administrative staff members of our partner universities and enterprises and is particularly targeting those working with Consortia and Erasmus placements, student’s services and career support. Accepting up to 20 participants, the Erasmus Al Sud Staff Training Week aims to create an interactive learning environment in which all participants are invited to actively contribute. It is a unique opportunity for staff to develop personal and professional skills, to participate in various social and cultural events, and meet with staff of the Portuguese higher education Institutions integrating the Erasmus Consortium Al Sud.
PROGRAMME AND REGISTRATION
The preliminary programme is mainly focusing on issues related with International Relations, Alumni & Career Offices – Boosting career opportunities through Erasmus+ traineeships. Participants will have the opportunity to acquire and share information, to look at different projects, to exchange experiences and practices under this field.. The participants have the possibility to introduce themselves and their home institutions (1 facts&figures slide - 5 min presentation) and participate actively in the several workshops.
Accepting up to 20 participants, the Erasmus Al Sud Staff Training Week is privileging the contribution to the final programme and the cultural diversity of the participants and is assuming as participant’s selection criteria:
- a) The professional scope: international office and student’s career services
- b) The home institution: till 2 participants by institution;
- c) The nationality: the most diverse as possible.
The application form should be submitted online until 24th April 2017. We will be able to confirm your participation by the 4th May 2017.
The participation fee is 200,00 € (euros) which includes documentation, all coffee-breaks, 4 lunches, 2 dinners (social programme), cultural visits, boat trip to Ria Formosa and the required transportation to attend the several outdoor activities.
Please do not make travel arrangements before your participation is confirmed. Each participant in the Erasmus Al Sud Staff Training Week will receive detailed information on payment details and an invoice covering the participation fee will be issued.
The participants are expected to cover their travel to Faro, the accommodation and other meal costs themselves. For this the participants are recommended to apply for Erasmus staff training grants from their home universities.
- Submit the application: 24th April 2017
- Participants results communication: 4th May 2017
- To transfer the participation fee: 24th May 2017
hOW TO GET FARO
Airlines from various airports across the Europe fly to Faro, including:
- TAP (www.flytap.com/en-gb/);
- Aigle Azur (www.aigle-azur.com/)
- Air Berlin (www.airberlin.com);
- British Airways (www.britishairways.com)
- Brussel Airlines (www.brusselsairlines.com);
- EasyJet (www.easyjet.com);
- Eurowings (www.eurowings.com/en.html);
- Jet2 (www.jet2.com/);
- Lufthansa (www.lufthansa.com/pt/pt/homepage);
- Monarch Airlines (www.monarch.co.uk);
- Norwegian (www.norwegian.com/en/);
- Ryanair (www.ryanair.com);
- Thomas Cook (www.flythomascook.com);
- Thomson (www.thomsonfly.com);
- Transavia (www.transavia.com);
- Vueling (www.vueling.com/pt).
More companies here.
The University of Algarve has 3 Campuses spread around Faro (Penha, Health and Gambelas Campus) and one in the city of Portimão. The Staff Week will take place in Gambelas Campus, which is located about 10‐15 min from the city center. The organizers have already made reservation to assure participant’s transportation from and to the city center and Gambelas Campus, on a daily basis.
The participants can choose the most suitable hotel, in the city center. The participants should do their hotel booking themselves choosing from the suggested list of hotels (bellow).
- Hotel Faro (http://hotelfaro.pt/)
- Hotel Eva (http://www.ap-hotelsresorts.com/en/our-hotels/eva-hotel)
- Stay Hotel Faro (http://www.stayhotels.pt/pt/nossos-hoteis/faro.html)
- Best Western Don Bernardo (http://best-western-dom-bernardo.h-rez.com/)
- Faro Boutique Hotel (http://www.faroboutiquehotel.pt/faro-boutique-hotel)
- Hotel Alnacir (https://www.hotelscombined.pt/Hotel/Hotel_Alnacir.htm?languageCode=EN)
You can also check at www.booking.com or https://www.tripadvisor.pt/Hotels-g189116-Faro_Faro_District_Algarve-Hotels.html
FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTAC US
- Mr. Paulo Cordas or Mr. António Ramos - email@example.com