- By online form
- Through the DocumentsNet functionality, available on the Academic Portal
- Director of Academic Services
upon payment of the respective fee (see the Documents box below)
Ownership of the degree obtained by students who complete the study plan for the undergraduate or integrated master's, master's or doctoral programs in which they are enrolled is proven by means of a degree registration certificate, accompanied by a diploma supplement.
In professional higher technical courses, the title of the diploma is proven only by a certificate of registration.
The diploma supplement is a bilingual document, written in Portuguese and English, complementary to the diploma, which describes the Portuguese higher education system, characterizes the institution that taught and conferred the diploma, the training carried out, while providing detailed information about the training and results obtained.
The diploma supplement is not a curriculum vitae, nor does it replace the diploma, and does not constitute proof of ownership of the license.
The University of Algarve recognized the relevance of a set of academic activities developed by the student, allowing their inclusion in the supplement to the diploma, in the item of Complementary Information (see box of Documents below).
Course letter (Diploma) and doctoral letter
In addition to the registration certificate, a course letter may be requested by the student if he has completed a bachelor's, master's or integrated master's or doctoral letter, if he has completed a doctorate.
With the exception of documents requested urgently, the deadlines for issuing the documents are as follows:
- 30 working days for degree registration certificates and respective diploma supplement
- 90 working days for course letters
- 10 working days for the remaining certificates
The counting of the period for issuance begins after the payment of the respective fees or the regularization of the classification entry, if it is missing.
The following are exempt from fees for UAlg students:
- Certificates for the purposes of ADSE or other health subsystems, family benefits, IRS, military purposes and blood pensions
- The certificates of achievement / final assessment of students on a mobility basis
- Certificates of achievement of students enrolled in Erasmus Mundu study cycles
- Achievement certificates to be sent to partner institutions for students enrolled and enrolled in association courses, when agreed
Instituto Superior Dom Afonso III (INUAF)
Issuance deadlines and emoluments
As the University of the Algarve has taken over custody of INUAF's academic estate, the issuing of certification is limited to a specific set of documents, with different issuance deadlines and fees (see Document box below).