The Management Council is an organ of the University of Algarve, which is responsible for:
- Exercise the competences assigned to him by paragraph 1 of article 35 of the University Statutes
- Pronounce on matters that the Rector intends to submit to his appreciation
- Perform other functions provided for in the law attributed to public bodies endowed with administrative autonomy, in accordance with the provisions of article 95 of the Legal Regime of Higher Education Institutions (RJIES), as long as they do not conflict with the competences of the other organs of the University
- Rector, Paulo Águas, Doctor Professor, who chairs
- Vice-rector, Nuno Bicho, Doctor Professor
- Administrator, António Cabecinha, Dr.
- Director of Financial and Patrimonial Services, Carlos Nascimento, Dr.
- President of the Academic Association, Fábio Zacarias, student