This area is of particular interest to the University of Algarve, adding its global strategy, which aims to enhance scientific knowledge and creative effort generated at the university and in the region.
For the pursuit of this mission, there is integrated in the CRIA - Division of Entrepreneurship and Technology Transfer of the University of Algarve, the GAPI - Support Office for the Promotion of Industrial Property that belongs to a national network created around the National Institute of Industrial Property ( INPI) and the PATLIB Centers Network, managed by the European Patent Office.
The Support Office for the Promotion of Industrial Property at the University of Algarve is dedicated to providing support regarding the registration of industrial property rights and to promote actions aimed at promoting Intellectual Property, aiming at strengthening the competitiveness of companies, the adoption of innovations and the protection of knowledge generated at the University of the Algarve and in companies in the region.
The support provided to companies, research centers and other entities may be implemented through the following actions:
• Awareness and information on Industrial Property, within the scope of the various sectors and areas of activity;
• Clarification on rules, costs and other elements related to Industrial Property;
• Information on the legal status of rights;
• Screening and validation of proposals for trade marks and patents.
GAPI also intends to guarantee advice and follow-up regarding:
• Patents and Utility Models;
• Models and Industrial Designs;
• Brands, Logos and Rewards;
• Other Industrial Property titles.
More information at http://www.cria.pt/propriedade-intelectual/gapi