The Fulbright Program scholarships offer Portuguese students and teachers the opportunity to study, teach or do research in the United States of America, as well as American students and teachers the opportunity to develop the same type of activities in Portugal.
Fulbright scholarship program and opportunities
- Programs for Portuguese who wish to do Research (Students and Teachers)http://www.fulbright.pt/bolsas/?fwp_destinatrios=portugueses&fwp_objectivo=investigacao-research Calls are open and run until January 2020, for the academic year 2020/2021
- Programs for Portuguese who wish to do a Master's Degree (Students)http://www.fulbright.pt/bolsas/bolsa-fulbright-para-mestrado/ Calls are open and run until February 2020, for the academic year 2020/2021
- Programs for Portuguese who wish to do a PhD (Students)http://www.fulbright.pt/bolsas/bolsa-fulbright-para-doutoramento/ Calls are open and run until February 2020, for the academic year 2020/2021
- Programs for Portuguese Institutions to receive American Students and / or Professors / Specialistshttp://www.fulbright.pt/bolsas/?fwp_destinatrios=instituicoes&fwp_objectivo=oportunidades-para-instituicoes&fwp_ambito=instituicoes
- Short-term programs for Portuguese Students and Teachers, fully funded by the State Department and managed by the Commission, the SUSIhttp://www.fulbright.pt/?s=SUSI+for+Student+Leadershttp://www.fulbright.pt/bolsas/?fwp_destinatrios=portugueses&fwp_objectivo=programas-de-curta-duracao&fwp_ambito=professores-doutorados%2Cstudents
Studying in the USA and Educational Services
Consult more information about studying in the USA and educational services (free) from the Fulbright Commission, in Lisbon, at: http://www.fulbright.pt/estudar-nos-eua/
About the Fulbright Program
The Luso-American Cultural Commission - Fulbright Commission was created in 1960 by diplomatic agreement signed between the Portuguese Government and the Government of the United States of America.
The mission of the Fulbright Commission is to foster mutual understanding between Portugal and the United States of America by offering opportunities for exchanging professors, researchers and students, based on merit; the provision of quality guidance and information on the education systems of the two countries; and the organization of initiatives that enhance knowledge sharing.
In order to make all necessary information about the Fulbright Program and the American education system more accessible to students, researchers and teachers, the Fulbright Commission has entered into cooperation agreements with Portuguese universities, making them Regional Information Centers from the Fulbright Program, who have the resources and qualified personnel to respond to requests for information about study, research and teaching opportunities at American universities.
More information at: http://www.fulbright.pt/