UAlg Team / Lectures
The UAlg Team is an initiative of the University of Algarve that aims to:
- Strengthen relations between higher education and basic and secondary education;
- Provide students and teachers of basic and secondary schools with in-depth knowledge in diverse scientific areas;
- Raise awareness of the importance of entering higher education.
How does it work?
It proposes a set of lectures and other actions, free, accessible and informal, carried out by UAlg professors, which can be integrated into the programs of the disciplines and activities of the schools. The themes are defined according to the age groups and the level of training of the recipients.
How to consult the offer?
The lectures are available in catalog and are organized by areas. Due to their multidisciplinary nature, some of them may fall into more than one area.
Where do the lectures / activities take place?
The UAlg Team is divided into two categories:
- "The University goes to School", which consists of offering activities and lectures in which the UAlg teacher travels to schools in the Algarve region;
- "The School comes to UAlg", which offers a set of themes at the University's facilities. In addition to the offer presented, we are available to organize a specific visit or activity according to the needs of each group.
How to request a lecture?
It is the Communication Office of the University of Algarve that centralizes contacts with the teachers of the UAlg Team and organizes visits to schools.
Interested parties should fill in the online form, indicating the chosen topic and suggesting the most convenient dates.