International Credit Mobility
The Erasmus+ programme aims to strengthen skills and employability, as well as modernising education, training and youth work. The programme, which covers a seven-year period (2014-2020), will have a budget of 14.7 billion euros, which represents an increase of 40% in relation to current expenditure levels, in line with the commitment of the EU to invest in this area.
Erasmus+ is an EU programme in the field of education, training, youth and sport that will give more than four million Europeans the opportunity to study, follow a training course, gain work experience or volunteer abroad. It will support the establishment of transnational partnerships between education, training and youth institutions and organisations, with a view to fostering cooperation and bringing the worlds of education and work closer together, in order to bridge the skills gaps in Europe.
The programme will also support measures taken to modernise education systems in Europe and the world, and is open to the following types of countries:
- Programme Countries (EU) - countries that can participate in all Erasmus+ Programme actions
- Partner Countries (Non-EU) - countries that can participate in some programme actions subject to specific criteria and conditions
One of the objectives of the programme is to promote individual learning mobility in higher education for students and staff (teaching and non-teaching), both in the programme countries (Europe) and in partner countries (Non-EU).
Projects Coordinated by UAlg
The University coordinates the Mare Nostrum consortium accredited by the National Erasmus+ Agency, with reference: 2016-1-PT01-KA108-022663, valid until 2019. This consortium comprises: University of Évora, Universidade Nova de Lisboa and University Porto.
Approved projects in force:
- Consortium Letter of Accreditation 2016 (PDF) - Mare Nostrum
- Renewal of the 2019 Consortium Accreditation Letter (PDF) - Mare Nostrum
- UAlg ALLIANCES 2020 (ref. 2020-1-PT01-KA107-077999)
- UAlg ALLIANCES 2022/2025 New Project (ref. 2022-1-PT01-KA171-HED-000076571)
The University is part of the following consortia led by Universidade Nova de Lisboa and University of the Minho, respectively:
- MERGING VOICES 2020
- MERGING VOICES 2022 (Site under construction)
- JAMIES 2020
International Relations and Mobility Office
Gambelas Campus, building 5
Telephone: +351 289 800 003