International Credit Mobility
The Erasmus + program aims to strengthen skills and employability, as well as modernizing education, training and youth work. The program, which covers a seven-year period (2014-2020), will have a budget of 14.7 billion Euros, which represents an increase of 40% in relation to current expenditure levels, in line with the commitment EU to invest in this area.
Erasmus + is an EU program in the field of education, training, youth and sport that will give more than four million Europeans the opportunity to study, follow a training course, gain work experience or volunteer abroad. It will support the establishment of transnational partnerships between education, training and youth institutions and organizations, with a view to fostering cooperation and bringing the worlds of education and work closer together, in order to bridge the skills gaps in Europe.
The program will also support measures taken to modernize education systems in Europe and the world, and is open to the following types of countries:
- Program Countries (EU) - countries that can participate in all Erasmus + Program actions
- Partner Countries (Non-EU) - countries that can participate in some program actions subject to specific criteria and conditions
One of the objectives of the program is to promote Individual Learning Mobility in higher education for students and staff (teaching and non-teaching), both in the program countries (Europe) and in partner countries (Non-EU).
The University coordinates the Mare Nostrum consortium accredited by the National Erasmus + Agency, with reference: 2016-1-PT01-KA108-022663, valid until 2019. This consortium includes: University of Évora, Universidade Nova de Lisboa and Universidade do Porto.
Projects approved in force:
- Reference 2018-1-PT01-KA107-047099
- Reference 2019-1-PT01-KA107-060331
- Consortium Letter of Accreditation 2016 (PDF)
- Renewal of the 2019 Consortium Accreditation Letter (PDF)
- Additionally, UAlg coordinates the Erasmus + ICM UAlg ALLIANCES project since 2018:
- Reference 2018-1-PT01-KA107-047102
- Reference 2019-1-PT01-KA107-060623
- Reference 2020-1-PT01-KA107-077999 (Site under construction)
The University is part of the following consortia led by Universidade Nova de Lisboa and Universidade do Minho, respectively: