Welcome to the Chaplaincy of the University of Algarve!
The Algarve University's Chaplaincy was created on 21st November 2005 with the aim of being a space for meeting, sharing, reflection, mutual help and support for the spiritual life of all those who are part of the day-to-day running of the Academy.
In this way, the Chaplaincy aims to foster:
- The celebration of significant events and dates for the academic community
- Personal care and support, as well as spiritual accompaniment
- The promotion of spaces and times for formation, reflection and debate open to all
- Human, spiritual and social support to those who are experiencing various difficulties
- Cooperation and encouragement in Volunteering and Social Action initiatives
"We wish, for this very reason, that the academic community of UAlg feels that the Chaplaincy is a space where everyone has a place, whenever they wish. We are at the service of all". (Fr. António de Freitas)
Tuesday: 3pm to 5:30 pm
Wednesday: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
Thursday: 3pm to 5:30 pm
Friday: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm
Venue: Room F1 of the masonry halls of Gambelas Campus
If you cannot attend at the times indicated, you may request an appointment (to be arranged) through the contacts mentioned below.
Fr. António de Freitas
Annual Activities Calendar 2022/23
A festive Mass to open the Academic Year 2022/23 will take place on October 19, at 21h00, in the Church of Carmo, in Faro.
In this Mass, to which all the members of the UAlg university community are invited, thanks will be given to God for the new year that has begun, placing under God's care each and every member of UAlg.
In this celebration, special emphasis will be given to:
- Blessing of Students and Costume
- Blessing of Teachers and Staff
- Prayer for the new Academic Year
Reflection: do you accept?
179. It has happened to me to see young, beautiful trees that raised their branches ever higher into the sky; they looked like a song of hope. Later, after a storm, I found them fallen, lifeless. They extended their branches without taking root well in the land and, having few roots, they succumbed to the assaults of nature. That is why it is difficult for me to see that some people are proposing to young people to build a future without roots, as if the world has started now. In fact, “it is impossible for a person to grow, if he does not have strong roots that help him to stand firmly and cling to the earth. It is easy to go astray, when we have nowhere to cling, where to steady ourselves ”. (in ch. VI, n.179 Christus Vivit)
Post-synodal apostolic exhortation “Christus Vivit” of the holy Father Francisco to young people and to all the people of God
See more here
See more at: https://www.passo-a-rezar.net/
|Saturday||17h30 > Igreja da Sé (dinamizada pelos jovens)|
|18h00 > Igreja de São Pedro|
|19h00 > Igreja de São Luís (dinamizada pelos jovens)|
|Sunday||09h00 > Capela do Imaculado Coração de Maria (Bom João)|
|10h30 > Igreja de São Luís|
|11h00 > Igreja de São Pedro|
|12h00 > Igreja da Sé|
|18h00 > Igreja de São Pedro (dinamizada pelos jovens)|
The Chaplaincy of the University of Algarve promoted the project Quartas Com Cristo in the academic year 2019/2020, which aims to be a program of activities with celebrations, meetings and more recently, in online format, through interviews.
If you want to review the “Wednesdays with Christ” programs you can do it here.
Masonry Pavilions, Room F1
Mobile phone: +351 967 684 149
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 3pm to 5.30pm and Wednesdays and Fridays, from 10.30am to 1pm, in Room F1 of the masonry halls of the Gambelas Campus or request an appointment (to be arranged) through one of the contacts.