Communication and Digital Media
The training of professionals prepared to face challenges and opportunities of the current media markets and the promotion of the development of quality informative, commercial and technological entertainment products are the central objectives of the MCMD course.
- Ability to analyse and reflect on the impact of technological innovations on communication and culture
- Development of knowledge in the field of emerging technologies applied to media production
- Ability to apply techniques and tools of digital communication in information, e-commerce, games, mobile applications, social networks, animation, interactive audio-visual, virtual and augmented reality, data visualisation and interactive storytelling
- Training for exercising functions in the area of communication, specifically in the production of informative, entertaining and commercial content for different communication platforms
- Aptitude for promoting good practices and developing media literacy in a digital context
- Capacity to theorise innovative practices and applied innovation
- Integration in scientific activities of research units such as Arts and Communication Research Centre
Classes take place between 19:00 and 23:00/23:30, 3 to 4 nights a week, on days to be determined.
Tuition and Fees 2024/2025
National Students: 1100€ p/ year
International Students*: 2000€ p/ year
Application Fee: 50€
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175€
Number of Scholarships: 2 (more information about Scholarships and incentives here)
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
- Digital content production
- Communication project management
- Applied research