- To prepare professionals for leadership in research and development careers in industry, academia and independent entrepreneurial initiatives
The course works in tutorial mode.
Reports and seminars taking place at the end of the Advanced Training curricular unit, at the end of the 1st school year, are in English. Although not mandatory, most students choose to write the dissertation in English, thus facilitating their discussion before international evaluators.
The main areas of research that support doctoral dissertation projects are based on R&D units of excellence and networks of collaborations, which enable the realization of research with multidisciplinary character and impact in the academy.
As an example, the following research areas can be mentioned:
- Underwater acoustics active in monitoring and protection of the marine environment, acquisition and transmission of data, monitoring, ocean sensor networks, monitoring of marine life and coastal biodiversity, energy use, environmental monitoring and control, observation and modeling of ocean phenomena;
- Biomedical signal Processing, whose activity ranges from the extraction of information from biomedical signals, either acquired in clinical databases or by body sensors (IoT) or by simulation, to the development of clinical decision support systems based on intelligent computing methodologies;
- Intelligent systems with a relevant activity in the area of intelligent building control and in the management of renewable energy resources
Tuition and Fees 2023/2024
National Students: 1500 Euros
International Students*: 4000 Euros
Application Fee: 100 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 275 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
- Electrical engineering companies
- Research centres or academic career
Faculty of Sciences and Technology
Campus de Gambelas, 8005-139 Faro
Student Support Office
Telefone: + 351 289 800 995
Scientific Council Email: email@example.com
Course Director's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org