Cultural Heritage and Archaeological
Archaeology, History and Art History scientific areas have a long tradition at Universidade do Algarve, sustained by the scientific, social and touristic interest in Southern Portugal's archaeological, historic and artistic heritage.
This degree is a reply to that interest, but also an incentive to its development and expansion.
Its main objectives are to understand and study past societies, their lifestyles, their cultural, economic and technological dynamics, as well as the social, mental, artistic and physical structures that supported that life.
For a country whose diversity of cultural heritage is a vector of development and excellence, the Cultural Heritage and Archaeology course aims to service by preparing and educating researchers and curators of archaeological and cultural-historical heritage.
The graduates in Cultural Heritage and Archaeology degree are able to work in:
- Teams of archeological research
- Multidisciplinary teams in conservation, intervention and patrimonial rehabilitation projects
- Companies of dissemination and cultural promotion
- Companies specialized in archaeology and patrimonial intervention
- Integrated study offices and technical offices of conservation, intervention and patrimonial rehabilitation
- Tutelary organisms of heritage
- Municipal organisms
- Cultural services of inventorying and preservation of cultural assets
- Museums, heritage places and others organisms of management and fruition of cultural heritage assets
- Conservation and restoration laboratories
- Territorial management offices
- Heritage protection associations
- Commissions of church cultural assets