Centre for Health Studies and Development
As the name suggests, the Centre for Health Studies and Development aims to promote scientific research in the areas of Health and Nursing Sciences and Technologies.
The CESUAlg enjoys scientific autonomy and develops its lines of research in the following areas:
1. Quality of life in contexts of health and illness (Coordinator: Prof. Dr Luís Pedro Ribeiro);
2. Prevention, diagnosis, therapy and rehabilitation (Coordinator: Prof. Dr Rui Plácido Raposo);
3. Health technology management and assessment (Coordinator: Prof. Dr Margarida Espírito Santo);
4. Healthy ageing (Coordinator: Prof. Dr Nídia Rebelo Braz);
5. Biostatistics and epidemiology (Coordinator: Prof. Dr Ezequiel Marques Pinto).
The CESUAlg's mission is to contribute to the progress of research, to the quality of postgraduate education and to the provision of specialised services to the community in its specialist field.
In pursuit of its objectives, the CESUAlg promotes the establishment of interdisciplinary activities, linking basic and applied research to technological development, geared towards the promotion of health and the quality of health services.
The CESUAlg also focuses on the development of projects, promoting the students' learning capacity, in conjunction with the ongoing research activities at the University of Algarve (UAlg).