Quality In Analytical Laboratories - Erasmus Mundus
EMQAL is a master course for laboratory managers and scientists who wish to implement and manage Quality Systems in analytical laboratories, or work in Quality System environments in accredited analytical laboratories. The master is offered by a Consortium of five European universities and one Chinese university: University of Algarve (Portugal, PT), University of Barcelona (Spain, ES), University of Bergen (Norway, NO), University of Cadiz (Spain, ES), Gdansk University of Technology (Poland, PL) and Central South University (China, CN).
Tuition and Fees 2021/2022
National Students: 4500 Euros
International Students*: 9000 Euros
Application Fee: 50 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 175 Euros
Note: The tuition of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in EU for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year
Upon successful completion of the programme, graduates will have attained the following general competencies and learning outcomes:
- Design, implement and manage a Quality System in any given testing or calibration analytical laboratory
- Develop and evaluate a quality control scheme for any given type of measurement
- Fully understand, both at theoretical and practical level, a set of advanced analytical tecnhiques
- Research, develop and validate new techniques and methods of analysis
- Plan a validation program for a given method of analysis
- Identify critical aspects in a given method of analysis
- Estimate the uncertainty for a given analytical result
- Develop Reference Materials
- Organize and evaluate Collaborative Studies
- Fully understand the current state of worldwide standardization and comparability of analytical results
These competencies can be attained in different environments, for example in the context of a clinical laboratory, or a laboratory for drinking water quality control. Students can obtain these competencies by taking 30 modules, chosen from a large set of modules that are offered in the master.
Modules may be chosen at will to suit the student’s personal and professional interest, provided that:
- At least 5 modules are chosen from each discipline (Quality Management, Analytical Methods and Data Analysis)
- All the general learning outcomes outlined above are attained