Language of Teaching
Faculty / School
Escola Superior de Educação e Comunicação
Area of Studies
Social Sciences and Education
The Degree in Sports from Universidade do Algarve is intended to train top sports technicians with the skills to intervene in different levels in the sports system.
- Promote the acquisition of skills in the assessment and prescription of exercise and sport
- Develop the technical pedagogical area that allows the framework for sport practices both for sports training and leisure
- Encourage the acquisition of skills in the planning and management of sports projects
- Contribute to the professional development throughout life and for full employability
- Facilitate the development of the capacity to learn, and a critical and reflexive spirit
The applications for public higher education are made annually through national call and/or special contests.
The graduates in Sports degree may intervene in several sectors of sports system, like the municipal, the federated, the leisure and tourism, the healthcare, and others. The Sports professionals are able to work in autarchies, clubs, gymnasiums, health clubs, tourist organizations, natural parks, centers of community intervention, private companies, etc.
School of Education and Communication
Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: + 351 289 800 126/127