Language of Teaching
Faculty / School
Escola Superior de Educação e Comunicação
Area of Studies
Arts, Communication and Heritage
The degree in Communication Design aims to promote the training of specialists, with a profile which includes a set of theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the areas of Graphic Design, Digital Design and Visual Production Design.
This study cycle provides the access to the activity of communication/graphic designer and ensures continuity to a specialized training in 2nd cycle.
The applications for public higher education are made annually through national call and/or special contests.
The career opportunities of this degree are:
- Identity design- production of commercial brands, logotypes, visual identities;
- Visual/graphic design of advertising campaigns (ads, posters, packaging, merchandising, etc.);
- Typographical / editorial design – create brochures, catalogs, newspapers, magazines and books;
- Analogical and digital illustration, photography and photomontage;
- Production of generics for cinema, television ads, TV animations, etc.;
- Visual production of multimedia applications, like CD-ROM, Websites, interactive kiosks, etc.;
- Exposure assembly, stands, arranging objects in space;
- Teaching in educational and professional training.
School of Education and Communication
Campus da Penha, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: + 351 289 800 126/127