The Pharmacy degree provides a solid and diverse formation in Health Sciences, Natural and Exact Sciences, Social and Human Sciences, and Sciences and Technology in the Pharmacy area.
The main goal of Pharmacy degree is to train professionals and provide them with a set of skills that will allow them to the immediate and autonomous exercise of their profession, integrating multidisciplinary teams in the healthcare area.
All the graduates in Pharmacy may develop activities in the medication circuit, like:
- Analysis and pharmacological tests
- Interpretation of prescription medication and pharmaceutical formulations
- Preparation, identification and distribution
- Conservation control
- Distribution of medication stocks and other products
- Information and advice on the use of the medication
The graduates in Pharmacy degree are able to exercise their technical activity in:
- Public and private hospitals
- Private clinics
- Pharmacies of direct sale to the public
- Military pharmacies
- Prison pharmacies
- Regional administration of health
- Health centers
- Pharmaceutical laboratories
These professionals are also able to integrate work teams in university laboratories, exercise in education and develop research work.
School of Health
Campus de Gambelas, Edifício 1, 8005-139 Faro
Phone: +351 289 800 100