Electrical and Computer Engineering
The study cycle, by being integrated in polytechnic education, is driven by a constant perspective of applied research and development, aimed at comprehension and solution of concrete problems.
In general, the objectives are: to provide a solid higher level cultural and technical education; and to develop innovative and critical analysis capabilities; to provide scientific knowledge of theoretical and practical nature, aiming professional activities.
More specifically, it should provide competencies in: telecommunication and communication systems, electronics and microprocessors, information technology and systems, computer networks, programming languages, automation and control systems, electric power systems, electric machines, design of electrical and telecommunications installations, among others.
It’s yet an objective to meet the needs of companies and institutions, potentially employers of our graduates.
The graduates in Electric and Electronics Engineering are able to exercise their profession in the following areas:
- Telecommunications companies
- Informatics companies of software production and maintenance
- Companies of production, distribution and transport of electric energy
- Maintenance of airports and telecommunications systems
- Maintenance and exploitation of electric installations
- Supervision and project of electric installations of telecommunications and informatics
- Technical services in autarchies and central and regional administration
- Study and projects offices
- Science and technological institutions
- Development and application of energy, control, telecommunication, electronic and informatics systems
- Participate in research projects
- Manufacturers and distributors of electric and electronic equipment
- Industrial and services companies
- Public services