Portuguese as Foreign Language Course
Levels of Study
The course is organized according to the Common European Framework for Languages:
- Basic User A1 (Breakthrough or beginner): students with no knowledge of Portuguese;
- Basic User A2 (Way stage or elementary): students able to express basic phrases in Portuguese;
- Independent User B1 (Threshold or intermediate): students with intermediate knowledge of Portuguese and able to communicate and interact in simple and everyday matters;
- Independent User B2 (Vantage or upper intermediate): students able to communicate with a degree of fluency, complexity and detail with Portuguese native speakers;
- Proficient User C1/C2 (Effective Operational Proficiency): students in command of the Portuguese language and proving fluency in communication and work related contexts. Students who aim to deepen their respective knowledge concerning Portuguese discursive structures.
Students will be divided into classes according to the level of proficiency in Portuguese they demonstrate in the diagnostic test and the interview.
Preference is given to the constitution of A1 classes, so as to respond to students’ most urgent needs.
The number of classes for the other levels may vary depending on the number of students. This will only be decided after placement tests have been carried out.
Tuition and Fees 2021/2022 (per semester)*
Tuition Fee: 300 Euros
Registration Fee: 25 Euros
School Insurance: 5 Euros
* The course is free for UAlg community - Erasmus and mobility programes under Cooperation Agreement with PLE in Learning Agreement; and full degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) students).
The payment of tuition fees must be made by the end of the first week of classes.
IBAN available here.