Who can attend
- Mobility students at the University of the Algarve;
- Foreign students attending full degrees at UAlg;
- Mobility or visiting foreign researchers/professors who wish to carry out research at the University of the Algarve;
- Foreign citizens living in Portugal (henceforth External Students)
Note 1: the minimum age for admission is 17. Candidates must have completed their secondary school education.
Note 2: Visa - The applicants from third countries (outside the European Union) must submit a pdf of their VISA to stay in Portugal upon completion of the online application, without which the course registration will not be considered or returned money. The Faculty does not send letters of invitation or acceptance.
LEVELS of study
The course is organized according to the Common European Framework for Languages:
- Basic User A1 (Breakthrough or beginner): students with no knowledge of Portuguese;
- Basic User A2 (Way stage or elementary): students able to express basic phrases in Portuguese;
- Independent User B1 (Threshold or intermediate): students with intermediate knowledge of Portuguese and able to communicate and interact in simple and everyday matters;
- Independent User B2 (Vantage or upper intermediate): students able to communicate with a degree of fluency, complexity and detail with Portuguese native speakers;
- Proficient User C1/C2 (Effective Operational Proficiency): students in command of the Portuguese language and proving fluency in communication and work related contexts. Students who aim to deepen their respective knowledge concerning Portuguese discursive structures.
Students will be divided into classes according to the level of proficiency in Portuguese they demonstrate in the diagnostic test and the interview.
Preference is given to the constitution of A1 classes, so as to respond to students’ most urgent needs.
The number of classes for the other levels may vary depending on the number of students. This will only be decided after placement tests have been carried out.
- The course is free only for mobility students (Erasmus and other mobility programmes) whose Learning Agreement includes the Portuguese Language Course and full degree (Bachelor, Master, PhD) students.
- For external students, each semester, the price is 300€ (registration: 25€ + tuition fee: 270€ + school insurance: 5€).
IBAN available here.
REGISTRATION AND ENROLMENT
Registration Form: https://fchs.ualg.pt/pt/content/registration-form-ple-annual-course
For registrations to be accepted and validated you are required to:
- Fill in the online registration form (all fields are mandatory);
- You must upload your ID document (Passport; DNI; other ID); Learning Agreement with reference to PLE duly signed by your institution (for Erasmus or other mobility Students) or Proof of Payment (for researchers, full students, other citizens living in Portugal).
- Please confirm your registration forwarding the email you will receive after submiting the application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
CANCELLATIONS AND DEADLINES
- Registration and enrolment deadline: 14th October 2020
- Registration and enrolment deadline just for the 2nd semester: 12th March 2021
- Unjustified cancellations are not eligible for a refund.
- We advise candidates who will need visa clearance not to pay for fees until their visa has been issued.