The general objectives of the PhD program in Computer Science are to provide students with the skills for original scientific research in the area, namely those skills enumerated on the law (art. 18, dec-lei 107/2008):
- Systematic understanding of the discipline of computer science; computer science working methodology;
- Conducting original research in computer science;
- Critical analysis of new developments in information technology;
- Active engagement in the computer science community;
- Promoting technological progress.
In addition, through its PhD program in computer science, the University of Algarve intends to assert its presence in this scientific field. The Algarve University also offers a bachelor's and a master's degree in computer science, and both are generally well-regarded. The doctoral program corresponds to the most advanced level of education within the discipline of computer science, at Universidade do Algarve.
Tuition and Fees 2021/2022
National Students: 1500 Euros
International Students*: 4000 Euros
Application Rate: 100 Euros
Registration Fee and School Insurance: 275 Euros
Note: The rate of this course can be paid in 10 installments, being the first at the time of registration and the remaining in the months of October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
* in accordance with Decree-Law No. 36/2014, changed by Decree-Law No.62/2018, of 6th August, international students are nationals of a country which is not a Member State of the European Union and are not a legally resident in Portugal for more than 2 uninterrupted years by 1st of January of the enrolment year