(1.1) Degree in Biology or in a related field from a Portuguese university.
(1.2) Holders of a foreign higher education degree equivalent to a 1st cycle of studies organized following the Bologna Process
by a state adhering to this process.
(1.3) Holders of a foreign higher education degree that is recognized as meeting the objectives of the degree
of "licenciado" (bachelor of science).
(1.4) Holders of an academic, scientific or professional curriculum attesting to the ability of the candidate to carry out the Master of Science in Aquaculture and Fisheries.
(2) An English knowledge equivalent to at least a full B level proficiency.
Note: The acceptance of a candidate based on criteria is the responsibility of the Scientific Council (Conselho Cientifico) of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology (Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia) of Algarve University. It does not confer to the candidate formal recognition or equivalency to the degree of "licenciado" or any other academic degree.
Criteria for selection of the candidates
(1) Adequacy of degree
(2) Classification of degree
(3) Academic, scientific and professional curriculum;
(4) Global Profile;
(5) A face-to-face or videoconference interview may be required.
(1) Curriculum Vitae (with personal data, academics and professionals).
(2) Transcript with completed modules and respective grades and credits with correspondence to the Portuguese scale (0-20, minimum pass grade: 10).
(3) Students currently attending a 1st cycle of studies may register conditionally, providing proof of completion of the degree in the enrollment act.
(4) Identity proof (ID or passport).