The main objective of Agronomy degree is to train professionals in the area of agricultural sciences, combining the sensibility for social environmental and public health questions, with the dynamic and entrepreneurism necessary in any economic activity.
During this study cycle are discussed topics related to the different steps involved in agricultural production, with special emphasis on horticulture, fruit growing, organic farming, arable crops, animal husbandry, quality control, post-harvest, economics and management of agricultural companies.
The graduates in this degree are able to:
- Supervise agricultural productions;
- Work plant nurseries;
- Implement and maintain gardens and green, leisure and sport spaces;
- Manage companies, agricultural cooperatives and farmers associations;
- Commercialize products and services for agriculture;
- Make laboratorial analyzes of soils, plant materials and water;
- Work in control and certification companies of the agri-food sector;
- Teach and train agrarian professionals;
- Make agrarian research.