Entry times on UAlg campuses as a result of the extension of the state of disaster to the municipalities of Faro and Portimão
Subject matter: Entry times on the campuses of the University of Algarve as a result of the extension of the state of disaster to the municipalities of Faro and Portimão
Resolution No. 96-B / 2020, of 12 November, added the municipalities of Faro and Portimão to Resolution of the Council of Ministers No. 92-A / 2020, of 2 November, which instituted the suspension of the operation of certain activities on Saturday afternoons and Sundays, the replacement of the civic duty of home collection, further determining that citizens should refrain from circulating in public spaces and roads, as well as in spaces and private roads equivalent to public roads, except for the set of trips authorized.
"Authorized trips" are considered, in accordance with paragraph 2 of article 28 of the Resolution of the Council of Ministers no. 92-A / 2020, of 2 November, those that aim, namely:
- Traveling for the purpose of performing professional or similar activities;
- Travel to school;
- Travel to the frequency of training and conducting tests and exams;
- Return home.
In this regard, maintaining the commitment to ensure the collective protection of members of the academic community on an ongoing and permanent basis, the University of Algarve welcomes the importance of adjusting the rules of stay in Campi to the spirit of government guidelines.
Thus, in the use of the competence conferred on me by paragraphs s) i) of paragraph 1 and by paragraph 2 of article 33 of the Statutes of the University of Algarve, and until otherwise determined, it is established:
- The alteration of the opening hours of the Libraries of Campus de Gambelas and Campus da Penha, on Saturday, which are open to the public between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm.
- Changing the opening hours of the Cante da Campus da Penha, on Saturday, which is open to the public between 11:45 am and 12:30 pm.
- Except for the normal functioning of courses in the evening and / or courses with classes or assessment tests on Saturday mornings, entry to Campi at the University of Algarve is conditioned during the night and on Saturday afternoons, with the closing of the gates at the following times:
Monday to Friday - from 11 pm;
On Saturdays - from 1 pm;
Sundays - Closed.
- Exceptions to the access restriction to Campi are holders of entry authorization, workers in Essential Public Services, and workers in the works of the Clinical Simulation Center (Gambelas Campus) and Tec Hub (Campus da Penha).
Students with classes or assessment tests at night are recommended, and those who travel to Campi on Saturday mornings, should be accompanied by the student identification card or proof of enrollment, for possible justification of meeting. in transit from the University of Algarve to their place of residence.
This order comes into force immediately, and its wide publicity must be ensured, namely by notification to the institutional email address, dissemination on the academic portal and on the University of Algarve portal.
Faro, 18 November 2020.